- You are here
Cerise Cast Iron Tarte Tatin 25cm by Le Creuset
The first Tarte Tatin was created by mistake, instead of placing the apples inside a pastry shell, they were put in the dish first with the pastry on top.
This culinary blunder has become a popular dish that is still sought after. The angled ergonomic handles and shallow base of the Le Creuset Tarte Tatin allows for flawless turning out and serving.
- Takes you from oven to table in one step
- Easy to clean enamel coating
- Heavy cast iron retains heat for longer and distrubutes it more evenly that other cooking materials
- Ensures flavours and moisture are sealed in during cooking
- Enamel surface is non-porous so won't absorb cooking flavours, stains or spices from one dish to the next
- Oven safe to 180 degrees, freezer safe
How to care for your Le Creuset enamelled cast iron piece:
- To maintain the life of Le Creuset pieces wooden or nylon utensils should be used at all times
- Enamelled Cast Iron needs to be pre-heated slowly. If you heat your Le Creuset piece too quickly on high heat, the cast iron will expand faster than the enamel - which may result in the enamel chipping